
Orengo Responds To Claims Linda Mwananchi Fakes Teargas Chaos
Siaya Governor James Orengo on Saturday dismissed charges that the Linda Mwananchi movement has been faking teargas incidents at its own rallies to malign the government.
He described the accusations as “backward and primitive thinking.”
In answer to queries about problems during recent Linda Mwananchi rallies, including one in Kakamega, Orengo denied that opposition leaders were behind the disturbances.
“Kama teargas ni yetu mbona tuzime?” Orengo posed, rejecting claims that his political side could orchestrate such incidents and then deny responsibility.
“Kama teargas ni yetu mbona tuzime?”~Orengo addresses claims that they teargas their Linda Mwananchi rallies then blame it on government pic.twitter.com/OyHscjIBZG— Lightcast TV Kenya (@Lightcasttvke) May 23, 2026
He argued that claims linking opposition gatherings to planned violence or disruption were politically motivated and intended to discredit their meetings with supporters.
The county leader, who was speaking during an interview on Obinna Show, further stated that their opposing camp was working closely with the government.
The Governor claimed cooperation was designed to impede opposition operations.
“The other camp is working with the government,” he said, without giving further details.
Referring to the Kakamega incident, Orengo said opposition leaders had actually urged calm during the confrontation and did not encourage violence.
“Uliona kule Kakamega Sifuna alikuwa anasema zimeni hiyo kitu lakini musimpige,” he said.
“Within ODM, the most popular wing is Linda Mwananchi with 70%!”~Orengo pic.twitter.com/qy0qR3wP4x— Lightcast TV Kenya (@Lightcasttvke) May 23, 2026
Orengo maintained that opposition rallies remain peaceful civic engagements aimed at engaging citizens on governance issues, not platforms for instigating unrest.
He dismissed the allegations that the opposition stages disruptions only to shift blame to state security agencies, terming the narrative unfair and misleading.
ALSO READ:
- Orengo Responds To Claims Linda Mwananchi Fakes Teargas Chaos
- Kenya’s Omanyala Clocks Sub 10 To Win Men’s 100M In Xiamen Diamond League
- DCI, Other Security Agencies Foil Terrorist Attack & Recover IED
- EXPLAINER: Why Kenyan Shilling Could Fall To Ksh180/Dollar From Fuel Crisis
- KPA Announces New Prices For Likoni Ferry Services, Makes 50% Raise
“That is a backward and primitive mindset,” he said.
The governor argued that such claims are part of a broader political strategy to delegitimise opposition activities and discourage public participation in their meetings.
Orengo has previously stated that “no amount of intimidation, teargas, or chaos will stop the Linda Mwananchi Movement.”
The Linda Mwananchi tours come amid internal ODM tensions and broader opposition manoeuvring ahead of the 2027 General Election.
The faction has been vocal in its criticism of the current administration and has pushed a grassroots mobilisation agenda.
Orengo Responds To Claims Linda Mwananchi Fakes Teargas Chaos








